Oregon Coast Aquarium
Explore Our Aquarium
The Perfect Family Getaway in Newport, Oregon
We invite you to immerse yourself in the mysteries of the ocean. The Oregon Coast Aquarium is a world-class marine educational attraction nestled on beautiful Yaquina Bay in Newport, Oregon. The Aquarium is a living classroom for all learning styles and ages. As one of Oregon's top tourist attractions, the Aquarium is a vital educational resource for the state, with over 40,000 students visiting the aquarium each year. The Aquarium strives to be a center of excellence for ocean literacy and plays an active role in conservation and animal
Recognized both locally and nationally for its outstanding exhibits and
educational programs, the Aquarium is the 2011 and 2012 recipient of the "Best Tourist Attraction" and "Best Summer Camp for Kids" awards from the citizens of Lincoln County, Oregon. Parents Magazine, Forbes Traveler, USA Today, 10Best.com and Coastal Living named the Oregon Coast Aquarium among the top ten in the nation. The Portland Business Journal listed the Aquarium as one of the top five education-based nonprofits in the state and Spirit Magazine called Passages of the Deep "The coolest 50 yards on the Oregon Coast!"
What's New At The Aquarium
- NEW SUMMER HOURS: Beginning May 23rd, 2015 the Oregon Coast Aquarium will be open from 9:00am to 6:00pm.
- NEW EXHIBIT SECRETS OF SHIPWRECKS: A historic and participatory exhibit that
captures the spirit of archaeological adventure. This is not about
discovering sunken cities of gold or pirate’s booty. It is about playing
Indiana Jones for the day, embarking on a quest to learn about the
past, understand the present, and glimpse the future. Grand opening is set for May 23rd, 2015. Learn more by clicking here.
- BRING THE COASTAL BOUNTY TO YOUR KITCHEN: Dig for your dinner? Forage with the family? Our Edible Ocean Family Camp Out will introduce you to the bounty that exists naturally on the
Oregon Coast and how you can use it in your kitchen! Registration now
open. Learn more by clicking here.
- EXPLORE WITH THE OCEANSCAPE NETWORK! The Aquarium's web-based program for pre-teens, teens and educators helps you explore the Oregon Coast and the world ocean in a brand new way. Enjoy amazing features, interactives, videos, downloadable items and much more. Click here to visit the Oceanscape Network.
- VISIT THE FERRY SLIP CAFE: Next time your stomach starts to growl from watching the Oregon Coast
Aquarium’s sea otters, puffins, seals and sea lions enjoy restaurant
quality seafood, you will not need to wander far to satisfy your
The Ferry Slip Café provides the public and
visitorsa variety of tasty optionsto enjoy. Purchasing Aquarium admission is not necessary to dine at the Café and all entrées are offered for less than $9. The Café’s doors are open Wednesday through Sunday from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. The CoffeeShop is open every day from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Check our Events Calendar for upcoming program information and event times.