Join Us Under The Sea
Gleason Event Room: This unique setting is supplemented by the Passages of the Deep exhibit which is immediately adjacent. A large viewing window offers a spectacular view onto the 1.32-million gallon habitat filled with sharks and rays. The event room is equipped with a screen, projector (suitable for both video and Powerpoint) and state-of-the-art sound system. The room can be configured to accommodate functions up to 60 seated guests with extra space on the adjoining terrace that overlooks the Yaquina Bay estuary. The terrace is a wonderful spot for evening festivities, including barbecues.
- Function: Sit-down (formal or buffet) or stand-up reception
- Capacity: 60 to 100 people
Theater: Our theater offers a prefect venue for Powerpoint or video presentations, lectures or formal meetings. The 80-seat theater is equipped with a projection room and excellent acoustics. The area can be configured with tables and chairs as needed and has bathroom facilities located conveniently nearby. A podium and other presentation tools are also available upon request. When not in use for meetings, the theater presents brief educational videos to the Aquarium's guests.
- Function: Lectures or formal meetings.
- Capacity: 80 people, theater-style or 27 people classroom-style with tables added.
Full Aquarium Facility: The entire Aquarium facility is open for private, after-hours events. This includes the areas listed above plus the following:
- Main Galleries: Host your function surrounded by sharks, skates and sea pens as your guests wander through our Sandy Shores, Rocky Shores, Coastal Waters and The Sea and Me exhibits.. A touch pool in Rocky Shores permits guests to gently handle tide pool animals like sea stars, urchins and sea cucumbers. Drifting like living gems, our Moon Jellies and Sea Nettles are focal points in the Coastal Waters gallery.
- Main Lobby: The lobby's vaulted ceilings and bay windows are the perfect setting for elegant sit-down dinners and receptions. The lobby is equipped with an excellent sound system and is perfect for larger numbers of people. The main lobby can accommodate between 75 and 100 people.
Enjoy excellent cuisine prepared especially for you by a full-service caterer. Our event coordinator will help you plan a memorable dining experience to accommodate groups of 30 to 300 or more.
Education Is A Main Entree
Your guests can enjoy private visits with our seals, sea lions, sea otters and seabirds in a natural setting. Indoors, our four large exhibit galleries plus Passages of the Deep are yours to explore. Wander from Sandy Shores to Coastal Waters with our education volunteers on hand to answer questions about the exhibits and animals.
Rates and Booking
For current rates or to get a personalized quote contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the requested event date, the estimated number of people in your party, and your return contact information. To reach the Events Department by phone please call: (541) 867-3474, Ext. 5319 or click here to email us.