Make Plans To Join Us For The Jellyfish Jubilee September 19!
August 18, 2009
Last year the Oregon Coast Aquarium hosted the inaugural Jellyfish Jubilee; a Celebration of Food and Wine, benefitting Aquarium exhibits, conservation and education. The event was a smashing success and the 2nd Annual event is taking shape to be better than ever, slated for September 19, 2009 at the Oregon Coast Aquarium.
The Jellyfish Jubilee is a feast for all the senses offering an evening of award winning cuisine, wines, dive demonstrations, animal encounters, a silent auction and live music surrounded by the shimmering waters of world famous Aquarium exhibits.
The region's top chefs will offer their specialties next to vintners pouring compatible wine pairings as the Aquarium comes alive with the aromas, tastes and sounds of the Pacific Northwest and beyond. This year's event will feature sushi and traditional Irish cuisine. We again expect reservations to fill quickly for this fun, elegant evening of extraordinary food and wine.
Live Music Lineup includes:
Participating restaurants and wineries include:
- Quimby’s: Chef Mike Downing will offer his famous blackened ahi with chipotle chili lime cream sauce.
- Saffron Salmon: Chef Michael Waliser will offer Pacific Northwest specialties Nana’s Irish Pub: Chef Philomena O’Brien will make her sumptuous scotch eggs, smoked salmon spread, sausage rolls and soda bread
- Tsunami Coffee & Chocolate Company: Chocolatier Bryan Fitch is renown for his rich confections
- Local Ocean Seafoods: Chef Charlie Branford specializes in fresh seafood dishes
- The Bay House: Chef August Borchers offers the ultimate in Pacific Northwest cuisine
- Bamboo Sushi: Sushi at its finest!
- Rogue Ales: Northwest brewpub style creations and ales
- Georgie's Beachside Grill
- Bay 839
- Chinook Winds
- Starfish Grill
- Savory Café and Pizzeria
- Stoller Vineyards
- Belle Vallee Cellars
- Sokol Blosser Winery
- Beacon Hill Vineyards
- Duck Pond Cellars