Aquarium Offers Gifts Of Wonder
November 16, 2006
Many Aquarium gifts are tax deductible and will be enjoyed all year
Every year the Oregon Coast Aquarium offers an extraordinary holiday experience for families. The annual Sea of Lights has become a cherished tradition for many as visitors spend a weekend at the coast and find one-of-a-kind treasures from the Aquarium and many unique shops along the coast. In addition to the Sea of Lights community celebration, the Aquarium has a variety of unique gifts that last year round, many of which are tax deductible and help to fund the Aquarium’s mission of marine conservation and education.
- Gift memberships keep the holiday spirit alive all year long. There are a variety of membership options ranging from $39 individual memberships to $1,000 benefactor memberships. In addition to express entry into the Aquarium for a full year, members also enjoy a free subscription to Waterlines, the Aquarium’s newsletter, discounts on programs and special events, 10 percent off gift shop purchases, and much more for upper level members. Tax deductible.
- Donor Bricks are a unique and lasting gift idea. Give the holiday gift of a personalized brick, which will be installed in the Aquarium’s entry pathway. You may choose to have it inscribed in memory or in honor of another individual or use it as an opportunity to leave a personalized message. You can also purchase a duplicate brick to give as a special memento. Some creative messages on bricks have included marriage proposals, congratulations, birthdays and anniversaries. Tax deductible.
- Adopt an animal sponsors the care and feeding of an Oregon Coast Aquarium animal and include an official certificate with color photo, fun facts about your chosen animal and a year’s subscription to Waterlines, the Aquarium’s newsletter. Premier gifts are available at higher sponsorship levels. Tax deductible.
- Tile Art offers families a fun way to support the Aquarium and display their very own artwork. Using crayons or felt tip markers, you create a drawing of your favorite Aquarium animal and include any names or text you want on the drawing template. For a donation of $75 or more, your drawing will be placed on a tile and displayed prominently for one full year in the Aquarium’s main lobby. Your own creation will be on display in the Aquarium’s main lobby and your tax-deductible gift will help the Aquarium’s mission. The tiles make unique gifts, ultimately becoming a cherished family keepsake. Tax deductible.
- Sleepovers, day camps and animal encounters make wonderful gifts.
- Diane O’Leary Fish Prints or Poster: Distinguished Native American artist, Diane O’Leary moved to Newport this year and has become mesmerized by the Oregon Coast Aquarium’s fish collection. She began making fish prints and is now offering a limited number of her works for sale, donating 50% of all proceeds to the Aquarium, which means it is tax deductible. In addition, the commemorative poster for “The Living Waters of Tillamook Bay” art exhibit is available for $9.99 in the Aquarium Gift Shop.
- The Oregon Coast Aquarium DVD Postcard makes a marvelous gift for a loved one from out of state. This ten-minute mini-DVD won a national award this year and features beautiful footage of the central Oregon coast backed with music. A menu guides you through a tour of the central coast and a special segment of Aquarium favorites. See octopus, sea otters, sea lions and wildlife of the coast. The DVD, available in the Aquarium Gift shop, is an expression of love for this area and will convince friends and relatives to visit the area.
- 14th Annual Sea of Lights: The Oregon Coast Aquarium is aglow with thousands of colorful lights. Visitors enjoy holiday music, stories, refreshments and have their pictures taken with Santa Friday, December 1 and Saturday, December 2, from 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. Admission is two items of food for Oregon Food Share, a new toy or pet food for the Lincoln County Animal Shelter or $2 for adults and $1 for kids.