Upcoming Family-Combo Sleep With The Sharks Programs
If you do not have a big enough group to form your own sleepover try one of our public-combo events. These events are the perfect way for smaller groups, families, and individuals to enjoy the magic of a Sleep With the Sharks program. Reservations are required and registration typically closes 2 weeks prior to the event.
- Home-school combo Thursday, November 5th, 2015
- Sea of Lights Holiday combo Saturday, December 26th, 2015
- Cub Scout combo Saturday, February 13th, 2016
- Spring Break combo Friday, March 25th, 2016
- Girl Scout combo Saturday, April 16th, 2016
- Cub Scout combo Saturday, April 23rd, 2016
- Girl Scout combo Saturday, June 18th, 2016
*Additional public combo dates will be added for 2016. Please check back often.
To register for a public-combo sleepover please use the contact form below and be sure to include the date of the event you wish to participate in.
Our Sleepover attendants will coordinate the sleeping order/location based upon your date of registration and how much room there is in each tunnel area. Thank you for your understanding!
General Program Waiver. (One for every adult and child participant)
“Where Will We Be Sleeping?”
Our Passages of the Deep exhibit has three amazing tunnels full of all kinds of fish. Please understand, each tunnel will accommodate a limited number of people for sleeping.
Generally, we can accommodate the following number of people in each area:
- 25-30 in Open Sea (shark) tunnel
- 15 in Halibut Flats (shipwreck) tunnel
- 15 in Orford Reef (rock fish) tunnel
Our Sleepover Attendants will coordinate the sleeping order/location for each group, and your placement choice will depend upon how much room there is in each tunnel area. Thank you for your understanding!
Registering for a Private Group Sleepover
Follow these six steps to register a group of 20-60 people for a Private Group Sleepover. Please read through all six steps before clicking on the link to pick a date.
Registration for Private Group Sleepovers must occur at least four weeks in advance. Dates are limited and fill quickly, particularly in the Spring.
- Make sure that you have read the following documents and information prior to registration: Sleep with the Sharks Schedule of Events and What To Bring, Sleepover FAQ’s, Food and Dietary Info, and Cancellation Policy.
- Pay a $240 deposit online using a credit card to reserve your date.
- Once we have received your deposit, our Group Coordinator will send your confirmation materials.
- Your final payment and a roster of participants will be due to the Group Coordinator three weeks prior to your sleepover event. If final payment and roster are not received by this deadline, your sleepover date will be canceled and your deposit refunded minus a 10% processing fee.
- Print out the following, distribute to your group members and bring the signed forms with you to your sleepover:
“The staff was great with kids, super friendly and knowledgeable! It was eye-opening to learn about how much work goes into the care of the animals and exhibits and just getting ready for visitors every day!”
“The entire event was fantastic. The staff was wonderful. The animals were well cared for. We will never forget this.”
“It is enjoyable to be around such knowledgeable staff who is excited about teaching kids. You guys rock!”
“Amazing program! Kept the kids engaged and taught them a lot.”
“The children were awestruck in the tunnel at bedtime. It was magical!”
“This was an amazing program that the kids will never forget. Everything was smooth and professional, and the staff was incredibly engaging.”
“How Much Does It Cost?”
$60 per person / $55 for members
Discounted School Group Rate: $50 per person (September-February, Monday-Thursday nights).
Click here for payment options, deposit info and cancellation policy.
“What’s Included in the Price?”
Sleeping in the Passages of the Deep tunnels!
Viewing the Aquarium without large daytime crowds.
Professional, knowledgeable and friendly staff to guide you through everything.
Age-appropriate, hands-on activities. Morning behind-the-scenes experience.
Entry to the Aquarium the following day.
Meals and snacks: dinner, continental breakfast and light evening snack. See above for food and dietary information.