Upcoming Family-Combo Sleep With The Sharks Programs
If you do not have a big enough group to form your own sleepover try one of our public-combo events. These events are the perfect way for smaller groups, families, and individuals to enjoy the magic of a Sleep With the Sharks program. Reservations are required and registration typically closes 2 weeks prior to the event.
- Girl Scout combo Saturday, March 4, 2017
- Family combo Saturday, March 25, 2017
*Additional public combo dates will be added for 2016. Please check back often.
To inquire about a public-combo sleepover please call or use the email contact form below and be sure to include the date of the event you wish to participate in. Registration is not complete until full payment is received.
General Program Waiver. (*Required-One for every adult and child participant)
“Where Will We Be Sleeping?”
Our Passages of the Deep exhibit has three amazing tunnels full of all kinds of fish. Please understand, each tunnel will accommodate a limited number of people for sleeping.
Generally, we can accommodate the following number of people in each area:
- 25-30 in Open Sea (shark) tunnel
- 15 in Halibut Flats (shipwreck) tunnel
- 15 in Orford Reef (rock fish) tunnel
Our Sleepover Attendants will coordinate the sleeping order/location based upon your date of registration and how much room there is in each tunnel area. Thank you for your understanding!
Registering for a Private Group Sleepover
Follow these steps to register for a group of 20-60 people for a Private Group Sleepover. Please read through all of the steps before calling to reserve a date.
Registration for Private Group Sleepovers must occur at least four weeks in advance. Dates are limited and fill quickly, particularly in the Spring.
- Make sure that you have read the following documents and information prior to registration: Sleep with the Sharks Schedule of Events and What To Bring, Sleepover FAQ’s, Food and Dietary Info, and Cancellation Policy.
- Call our Group Coordinator or send an email inquiry form (found below). Please leave a detailed message with a couple of dates that you are interested in as well as an email address, phone number, and the best time to reach you. Calls and emails will be returned in the order they are received.
- Via phone, pay a $260 deposit using a credit card to reserve your date.
- Once we have received your deposit, our Group Coordinator will send your confirmation materials.
- Your final payment and a roster of participants will be due to the Group Coordinator two weeks prior to your sleepover event. Final payment may be made by credit card or check. If final payment and roster are not received by this deadline, your sleepover date will be canceled and your deposit refunded minus a 10% processing fee. After this deadline, no additional participants may be added to your group total, and no refunds will be issued.
- Print out the following required documents, distribute to your group members and bring the signed forms with you to your sleepover:
- Group Leader Contract (Required – One for the group leader/person registering the event)
- Chaperone Contract (Required – One for each adult chaperone)
- General Program Waiver. (Required – One for every adult and child participant)
- Sleep with the Sharks Schedule of Events and What To Bring
“The staff was great with kids, super friendly and knowledgeable! It was eye-opening to learn about how much work goes into the care of the animals and exhibits and just getting ready for visitors every day!”
“The entire event was fantastic. The staff was wonderful. The animals were well cared for. We will never forget this.”
“It is enjoyable to be around such knowledgeable staff who is excited about teaching kids. You guys rock!”
“Amazing program! Kept the kids engaged and taught them a lot.”
“The children were awestruck in the tunnel at bedtime. It was magical!”
“This was an amazing program that the kids will never forget. Everything was smooth and professional, and the staff was incredibly engaging.”
“How Much Does It Cost?”
$65 per person / $60 for members
Click here to view our cancellation policy.
“What’s Included in the Price?”
Sleeping in the Passages of the Deep tunnels!
Viewing the Aquarium without large daytime crowds.
Professional, knowledgeable and friendly staff to guide you through your experience.
Age-appropriate, hands-on activities. Morning behind-the-scenes experience.
Entry to the Aquarium the following day.
Meals and snacks: dinner, continental breakfast and light evening snack. Click here for food and dietary information.